Friday, July 22, 2005

A Good Summer Political Read

REAGAN'S REVOLUTION: THE UNTOLD STORY OF THE POLITICAL CAMPAIGN THAT STARTED IT ALL, by Craig Shirley, chronicles the 1976 primaries and convention and Ronald Reagan's near-upset of Gerald Ford for the Republican nomination for President. Although you know how it will turn out, it reads like a suspense novel.

I was a young teen at the time of that convention and vividly remember watching Reagan's inspiring speech after Ford had secured the nomination. I think it was one of the moments which first sparked my interest in politics.

2 Comments:

Blogger UGN said...

Laura: Great to see you blogging! You mention recent books you have read in multiple posts. Did you read Moneyball yet? It will give you a whole new perspective on your Dodgers if you do. Oh, and just in case you didn't notice, you seem to be spending a lot of time blogging so don't go telling me you don't have time to do the Dodger blog I keep bugging you about!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks! If only I were inspired to keep up with the Dodgers more than I have been this year. The offseason decisions by the current management were most disheartening :). I still like to tune in to hear Vin Scully's voice, though. We may not have too many more years to enjoy that.

I'll pick up MONEYBALL very soon --maybe to read on the way to our next visit to Disney World!!

Thanks for taking the time to leave a note :). The last week has been an interesting learning process!

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older