Saturday, November 05, 2005

Hot Ice Cream War

Baskin-Robbins is giving its stores a much-needed update due to tough competition from Cold Stone Creamery and Carvel. Remodeled stores will have lower cases to allow children to see more easily, and the employees will work facing the customers, a la Cold Stone.

(Registration may be required by The Los Angeles Times.)

For me it's a toss-up as to which is my favorite: Baskin-Robbins Chocolate Fudge or Cold Stone's decadent Cake Batter, which is sadly still off the shelves while Cold Stone reworks the recipe after a salmonella scare last summer.

To receive an email when Cake Batter ice cream returns to Cold Stone, click here, then click "In the Mix" and "I Want My Cake Batter!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Oooooh, that sounds good! Hadn't thought of mixing my own mix with ice cream, I'm going to try it! :) Thanks much!!

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older