Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Le Creuset: Winner and Still Champion

Donna Deane of the L.A. Times compares three brands of braiser and judges her old standby, a 5.5 quart Le Creuset, to do the best job.

I received the same size Le Creuset pot for my birthday this year, and I love it. It's solidly built with a tight-fitting lid, is wonderful to cook with on the stovetop or in the oven (under 400 degrees), and cleans easily. They are expensive, but deals can be found -- mine was purchased on sale -- and they are built to last a lifetime; indeed, they come with a lifetime warranty.

My most recent success in my Le Creuset is Pot Roast with Root Vegetables, which can be found here or here.

(Registration may be required by the L.A. Times.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older