Friday, December 23, 2005

Another Top-Secret Program Leaked to Press

Real Clear Politics Blog notes that for three years the government has been secretly conducting surveillance to monitor radiation levels at Muslim sites around Washington, D.C., and other cities, looking for nuclear weapons.

A couple people decided that spilling the beans to U.S. News and World Report would be the right thing to do because they were "concerned" whether the program was legal.

I don't know about you, but secret surveillance for nukes is exactly the kind of thing I've been hoping my government is doing to protect me. And I hope that the government is more concerned with security than with political correctness. I frankly find this news, which we shouldn't know about in the first place, reassuring.

What is wrong with the people who keep spilling national secrets to the press? Does "top secret" mean nothing anymore?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older