Thursday, February 16, 2006

Tonight's Dinner: Lemon Chicken With Croutons

I spotted this recipe when paging through Ina Garten's BAREFOOT IN PARIS: EASY FRENCH FOOD YOU CAN MAKE AT HOME at a bookstore last weekend and had to try it.

This was a big hit and a nice change of pace, which was relatively simple to prepare. Recommended! A nice green salad and you're all set for a great meal.

A tip: we found one baguette made more than enough croutons for our family of six. Next time I'll use about 2/3 of a baguette to make the croutons. If you're cooking for two, half a baguette should be plenty.

The Seattle Post Intelligencer carried a Scripps Howard article this week suggesting family dinners are gone for good. I'm happy to report that's not the case in our home. In fact, as I've written here before, over the last year I've been consciously working to polish my cooking skills and provide a wider variety of homecooked meals -- and have had fun doing so.

As Julia Child would say, "Bon appetit!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older