Tuesday, July 11, 2006

2006 Blogs of Beauty Awards

Sallie at A Gracious Home has posted the nominees and finalists for the 2006 Blogs of Beauty Awards. These awards were created to help honor "the women who bring the beauty of the Lord Jesus to the blogosphere." The awards have also been a way to help call attention to "smaller" bloggers and introduce Sallie's readers to new blogs to visit.

I'm delighted to say this blog was a nominee in the "Best Meet for a Mocha" category as "The blogger you have never met and would most like to meet in person for a mocha." Needless to say, I'd love to meet my readers, too! I appreciate one or more of my readers taking the time to submit my name.

Be sure to visit A Gracious Home and check out the four blogs which were the finalists in this category, and take the time to explore the many other nominees and finalists as well. I discovered some wonderful new blogs to visit as a result of the previous awards.

As I approach my first anniversary of blogging in the next few days, I've been pondering blogging, in general, of late. Glenn Reynolds of Instapundit has posted a couple excellent links to blogging tips from Sister Toldjah and Simon World. They contain a lot of good advice, and emphasize some points that I think are particularly important: write because you love it, and be yourself.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Just as soon as I get home from work, Laura- I'll submit your name. I can't think of a more appropriate category. You have my vote and I'll have a mocha latte too!

4:16 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

Shh! I was one of those who nominated you. I'd love to meet you for a mocha but the airfare betwixt CA and FL would make for a very expensive mocha. :)

4:53 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Mrs. HH: I'd love to meet you too! Perhaps one day when we visit Florida again. :) Congratulations on your nomination!

Cathy: Thanks so much. I'm not one of the finalists but do visit this site and vote for one of the finalists -- there are some neat blogs!

Best wishes, Laura

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Just how many years have we chatted without meeting? Yep, lots.

I'm a bit disappointed I wasn't nominated for Best Recipes. Just because I've never posted any recipes...doesn't mean I don't have the best ones! ;-)

One of these days we'll really have to meet face-to-face. (Maybe at that Target were S.B. goes. ;-)

8:55 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Wow, Missy, we must be going on...13-14 years now?!? I am confident we will meet one of these days! Or at least chat via cell! :) :) TTYS! Laura

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older