Saturday, August 19, 2006

A Sad Country Song

The only country-music station in L.A., KZLA, went off the air yesterday...replaced by a station that plays Michael and Janet Jackson. (Ugh!)

I'm not particularly into what I think of as the "new country" of the last decade or so (and certainly not the Dixie Chicks!), but I spent a lot of years listening to that station, especially in the '80s. It was still programmed into memory as one of my car radio buttons, so I could check for the older country songs they'd play occasionally. I will be removing that setting today...sigh.

Time to load some Alabama CDs back into the car. :)

Sunday Update: An interesting article from the L.A. Times about societal changes which have led music stations to target "urban" and Hispanic listeners.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

That sure brought back memories!!

Laura :)

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older