Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas Music: Perry Como

One of my early childhood memories is of Perry Como's smiling face staring out of an ornament on the cover of his record MERRY CHRISTMAS MUSIC. When I was about preschool age I had a little record player on which I played that album year-round. I especially loved his telling of "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and the song "C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S."

I still love this album now. If you have one Perry Como Christmas album in your collection, that's the one to own.

Perry Como, of course, recorded other Christmas albums, and there have also been compilations released mixing and matching some of his Christmas songs. My collection has a number of Como CD's, including A PERRY COMO CHRISTMAS, GREATEST CHRISTMAS SONGS, CHRISTMAS WITH PERRY COMO and SEASON'S GREETINGS.

SEASON'S GREETINGS and A PERRY COMO CHRISTMAS contain Perry's rendition of "Home for the Holidays," which makes them particularly worthwhile. Another song I enjoy hearing Como sing, "No Christmas Like a Home Christmas," can be found on A PERRY COMO CHRISTMAS and GREATEST CHRISTMAS SONGS.

While I give my highest recommendation to MERRY CHRISTMAS MUSIC, any one of these albums are excellent choices to expand your Christmas music collection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older