Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Best Education Blogs

A few weeks ago Jay Mathews of The Washington Post asked for nominations for the best education blogs. He and a retired teacher then reviewed the blogs and came up with a list of favorites.

Two of the blogs I submitted, Joanne Jacobs and edspresso, made the "Top 16."

A side note, one blog on their list, Susan Ohanian, I cannot recommend. She has written any number of angry posts about William Bennett and charter schooling. I disagree with both her tone and her content.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to exploring a number of new-to-me education blogs in coming weeks.

2 Comments:

Blogger jau said...

One of the (many) things I enjoy about reading your blog is that your opinions are clear but without rancor.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I appreciate that compliment very much, as what you describe is one of my goals. It can be a challenge to honestly share one's thoughts in the kindest way possible -- and I'm certain I've failed on occasion. Thank you for the encouragement! Best wishes, Laura

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older