Sunday, February 04, 2007

Giuliani and Judges

Rudy Giuliani in a speech yesterday: "On the Federal judiciary I would want judges who are strict constructionists because I am. I'm a lawyer. I've argued cases in the Supreme Court. I've argued cases in the Court of Appeals in different parts of the country. I have a very, very strong view that for this country to work, for our freedoms to be protected, judges have to interpret not invent the Constitution. Otherwise you end up, when judges invent the constitution, with your liberties being hurt."

A recent comment at Power Line's forum suggested that a January op-ed co-authored by Rudy Giuliani and Newt Gingrich could portend a future alliance. Between them they cover a lot of bases while doing an end run around the man many conservatives can't stand, John McCain. Intriguing idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older