Monday, March 19, 2007

"I've Seen the Daylight, But Then the Politicians Took It Away"

Melana Zyla Vickers of National Review says pretty much everything I think about this year's early change to Daylight Saving Time.

I never enjoy the time traveling back and forth each spring and fall, but this year I found the forced clock-changing and sleep disruption more annoying than ever.

I can't figure out how Congress can claim we're saving energy if we're turning on lights in the early morning hours instead of the evening. Aren't we just trading using energy at one time of day for another? (Check out this study.) But then, the folks in Congress aren't always the brightest bulbs. :)

I don't care if we're on Daylight Saving Time or Standard Time, but I wish Congress would just pick a time and stick with it...permanently.

Congress, leave my clocks alone!

2 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

I second that motion. I have thought the same thing. I get up at six every morning and now it is pitch black again and on come lights and the heater. I'll take morning light over evening light any day of the week!

7:30 AM  
Blogger UGN said...

I don't know what is going on with that Australian report, but at my house DST certainly saves energy. It just means that I turn on a couple lights for 30 min. in the morning--everyone else is still in bed--but they stay off WAY longer in the evening.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older