Sunday, December 30, 2007

Fred Thompson's Video Message to Iowans

I sure like this man. This is worth taking the time to watch.

Reagan speechwriter Peter Robinson writes: "While the other contenders are frantically saturating the Iowa airwaves with 30- and 60-second attack ads...Thompson has sat himself down, looked into a camera, and spoken for a quarter of an hour, calmly and straightforwardly making his case. I myself find this impressive — in a way, moving. Thompson seems to have stepped out of the eighteenth century. He trusts voters to think... Politics as, from time to time at least, they really ought to be."

I hope there's hope for Thompson's candidacy. He's the only candidate who is conservative across the board.

I've been following the lead-up to the primaries closely all through 2007, and at this point I'm ready to say that Thompson's got my vote.

We received an election pamphlet yesterday; I knew the California primary was much earlier than in the past, yet I was still surprised to realize it's coming on February 5. We used to vote in June, after the primaries were effectively over.

1 Comments:

Blogger UGN said...

I sure hope you are right about him having a chance; I am not so hopeful. I don't see how the nominee is anybody but Rudy or Romney. Once again, forced to vote for someone I really don't like.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older