Monday, January 21, 2008

Just Too Depressing...

There has been a dearth of political posts here in the last few days...not much new to say and it's a rather depressing time for conservatives.

California Conservative has a good summary of the current situation.

Of the five leading Republican candidates, there are two for whom I'd never vote; two more I'd consider voting for but who raise serious questions; and the best candidate may be on the verge of dropping out of the race.

Sigh.

I can take or leave George Will -- sometimes I enjoy him, other times I vehemently disagree with his viewpoints -- but I am in particular agreement with his new column on John McCain.

On the other side of the political fence, I don't know what's scarier -- the info that's come out in newly released government documents about how the Clintons tried to suppress dissent and smear critics of their healthcare plan, or the mainstream media's refusal to address these documents in a substantive way. If it weren't for the Internet and Rush Limbaugh, who read the documents on the air last week, I wouldn't even know about them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

I agree. This whole thing is depressing and now today Fred Thompson has announced his withdrawal :(

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older