Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Netflix Offers Unlimited Online Viewing

This will be old news to Netflix subscribers who received the email notice a month ago, but Netflix has now publicly announced that they have lifted time limits for online viewing.

Although I haven't yet used this feature, our college daughter has watched several things online via Netflix and it seems to work very well.

Some people talk about online streaming as being the death knell for DVDs; that's hard for me to imagine, as I would think there are people like me who want the certainty of owning a film collection you can actually lay hands on and know you own forever, including all the extras.

Still, it's an interesting new twist as entertainment technology continues to evolve.

1 Comments:

Blogger windycorner said...

Hi Laura,
The online viewing is one of the best features of netflix. I've watched so many classics this way-I'm sure you would enjoy it for that reason. Thanks for all the recommendations, by the way. I love TCM and AMC but sometimes you have to wade through some slow stuff to get a good one.
Holley

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older