Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Hydrox Cookies Are Back!

I reported in June that Hydrox cookies would be returning in celebration of the cookie's 100th anniversary.

I was happy today to discover that my store had packages of Limited Edition 100th Anniversary Hydrox Cookies on the shelves. We now have one package in the cookie jar and two in the freezer, since there's no telling how soon they'll disappear again.

(Flaky Flix cookies, which returned earlier this year, have already disappeared from my local Vons, but we've noticed many products disappearing from the shelves at Vons this year, so who knows what the reason is. We've been fighting a losing battle to get unsweetened baking chocolate put back on the shelves, as all the unsweetened chocolate the market is carrying right now is expensive Ghirardelli baking bars! But there are not one, not two, but three rows of Baker's Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate. We have to go to Ralphs for unsweetened. But I digress...)

Of course, I immediately taste-tested two Hydrox cookies, and I am pleased to say they taste as I remember them!

Previously: May 12, 2006.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Hi, Laura.

I've been trying to find these cookies in the LA area. What store did you find them in?

3:59 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hi Jennifer:

Vons is carrying them here in No. Orange County.

Best wishes,
Laura

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older