Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Slow Cookers Through the Years

The L.A. Times Food section has a fun article today on how slow cookers and their uses have evolved since the '70s.

A side article reviews several models, if you're in the market for your own.

As I wrote earlier this month, at Christmas I made the jump from a mid-'80s 4-quart Rival model to a 6.5-quart All-Clad, which is large enough for me to make bigger recipes, such as roast chicken. (It's not the model reviewed by the Times; mine has a ceramic insert which doesn't get too hot.) While I thought I would store my smaller Rival until one of my children needs it, I'm finding that having two different sizes and shapes might be useful, for a variety of reasons -- a point mentioned in the article.

Tonight's dinner is Old-Fashioned Pot Roast from THE GOURMET SLOW COOKER, VOLUME II.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older