Monday, September 28, 2009

Eleanor Parker: A Radio Interview

A recent column at Glenn Erickson's DVD Savant site pointed me to an interesting radio interview with Eleanor Parker, who is now 87. (Click the title of this post for the show.)

At the start of the program Parker mentions her favorite costar, who happens to be on my list of 20 Favorite Actors.

The interview resumes around the 18-minute mark, at which point she names the male costar she couldn't stand -- and ironically he's also on my list of 20 Favorite Actors!

Eleanor Parker movies previously reviewed here: SOLDIERS IN WHITE and MEN OF THE SKY (1942 shorts), THE VERY THOUGHT OF YOU (1944), CRIME BY NIGHT (1944), PRIDE OF THE MARINES (1945), NEVER SAY GOODBYE (1946), IT'S A GREAT FEELING (1949), DETECTIVE STORY (1951), ABOVE AND BEYOND (1952), SCARAMOUCHE (1952), ESCAPE FROM FORT BRAVO (1953), and MANY RIVERS TO CROSS (1955).

4 Comments:

Blogger Romantickitty said...

Hi Laura. Just finished listening to Eleanor Parker's radio interview. I found it interesting about what she had to say about Stewart Granger, who happens to be one of my favorites. I'm reading his autobiography "Sparks Fly Upward". In it he mentions when he was first starting out he had to slap actress Margaret Lockwood across the face and had such a hard time with it. He kept apologizing to her and they had to keep doing take after take. Finally she called him a twit and told him to hit her as hard as he could to get it done with! He really was quite a gentleman. Even though he didn't have luck with his 3 failed marriages, he was a really great father. Thanks for listening! Millie

9:54 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hi Millie,

Thanks for your comments! That's a great anecdote about Margaret Lockwood -- it must have been THE MAN IN GREY, which I saw for the first time in Oct. 2009. Like you, Granger is one of my favorites. I hope to read his book at some point.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

10:23 AM  
Blogger LadyAnonymia said...

Hello Laura, I really enjoyed listening to the interview and I would like to thank you for posting it. I have a question regarding the radio interview, do you know how old EP was at that time or even the year?

Thanks again :)

2:28 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hello, I don't have the exact date of the interview, but I believe it was fairly new at the time of this post in September 2009. As noted here, she was 87 at the time of my post.

Thanks for stopping by!

Best wishes,
Laura

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older