Friday, April 30, 2010

Today at Disneyland: A Beautiful Day

We haven't been able to visit Disneyland for about six weeks, due to a hectic schedule, so we were very happy to be back in the park for a few hours this afternoon.

Thursday we had a very cold wind which is unusual weather for Southern California, but today was, simply put, an absolutely beautiful day.

The seasonal flowers seen at the Hub today:


These gorgeous flowers at Frontierland's Zocalo Park caught my eye:


It was warm enough that this idea looked quite appealing:


The Disney Showcase on Main Street is marking the park's 55th anniversary with a display of vintage 1955 Disneyland memorabilia:


Speaking of memorabilia, I was delighted to finally get a "ticket book notepad." This item in the 55th Anniversary merchandise line was spotted by friends early this year, but hasn't been seen in the park since. The stores on Main Street had a good supply of these today:


From the Hub you can see a crane working on Cars Land in Disney's California Adventure:


A new attraction poster, for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, in one of the entrance tunnels:


And here's a new poster for the Jungle Cruise:


They still haven't filled the Rivers of America...hopefully next week!

For more photos, please visit Today at Disney's California Adventure: Springtime.

5 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

Nice. The Park is really pretty right now with all those gorgeous flowers!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks, Irene! The whole time we were there I kept thinking "Isn't this beautiful?" It really recharged the batteries taking a break out there. Hope to be back soon.

BTW, we're signed up to do the "easy" day of MouseAdventure on June 6th -- we've never done one of these events before. Are you participating?

Best wishes,
Laura

9:05 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

Nope. I never do any of those things. They cost a bit too much for me and I also seldom go to the Park on Sunday. I know the Gum Ball Rally for MiceAge/Chat is tomorrow but again too costly and I'm also blocked out on Saturdays until September. I'll be interested to hear of you experience with it :)

11:46 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

One of the reasons I agreed to do this -- my girls really wanted to try it -- is that it's the least expensive version. :)

We used to go on Sunday afternoons after church sometimes but haven't done that in a long time.

I'm sure I'll be posting what I think of it here!

Best wishes,
Laura

11:49 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

I'll be looking forward to it!

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older