Monday, January 24, 2011

Coming to DVD: Murder, He Says (1945)

The wacky Paramount comedy MURDER, HE SAYS (1945) is coming to DVD as a TCM exclusive release on January 31, 2011.

The movie, which is a cult favorite in some circles, stars Fred MacMurray, Helen Walker, Marjorie Main, and Jean Heather.

The film will be released as part of a double feature DVD along with FEUDIN', FUSSIN' AND A-FIGHTIN' (1948), a Universal title which stars Donald O'Connor, Marjorie Main, and Percy Kilbride.

TCM showed MURDER, HE SAYS last October. As I mentioned at the time, I saw the film at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art when I was young but I didn't really "get" the humor. I'm looking forward to taking a fresh look at the movie, especially as I've become a fan of Fred MacMurray over the past couple years.

2020 Update: This film is now available on Blu-ray from Kino Lorber.  My review of the Blu-ray is here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older