Wednesday, March 30, 2011

James Garner to Publish Autobiography This Fall

There's terrific -- and somewhat unexpected -- news today from the L.A. Times: James Garner will publish his memoirs this fall.

THE GARNER FILES: A MEMOIR will be released on November 8, 2011.

It's a bit surprising coming from the private, self-effacing actor. In the press release Garner says "...I didn’t think anyone would care about my life. I’m still a little uncomfortable, but I finally agreed, because people I trust persuaded me people might be interested and because I realized it would allow me to acknowledge those who’ve helped me along the way. I talk about my childhood, try to clear up some misconceptions, and even settle a score or two."

The Amazon listing indicates that Garner's good friend Julie Andrews is writing the book's introduction.

I'll be watching for further details. As a huge Garner fan, this is a book I'll definitely be pre-ordering!

August 2011 Update: Per the Amazon listing, the publication date has been moved up a week, to November 1st.

4 Comments:

Blogger Audrey said...

It's refreshing to see a star that is so humble.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Robby Cress said...

This should certainly be worth a read and I will need to check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Cinéphile said...

In Grand Prix, Pete Aron (James Garner) says he's looking to write his biography. Finally, it took him 45 years to do it

7:24 PM  
Blogger mel said...

Thanks for this news, Laura. Please keep us updated when you have further info.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older