Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Coming Soon!

It's been a busy few days here, between attending the closing weekend of the Noir City Film Festival and preparing to take extended time off for this week's TCM Classic Film Festival.

The TCM Festival gets unofficially underway for me on Wednesday, with a full agenda of pre-festival social activities.

My favorite thing about last year's festival was the chance to enjoy movies with some great people I've been corresponding with online for years, so I'm excited to reconnect with friends I met in person last year, as well as meeting some in person for the very first time.

I spent last Sunday having a wonderful time with Aurora, Robby, and Lindsay, and tomorrow, after knowing each other solely online for years, I get to have lunch with KC of Classic Movies! I'm also looking forward to seeing Raquel, Jessica, Will, Karen, Jill and so many other friends coming from out of town!

Thursday I'll be attending media interviews with Robert Osborne, Ben Mankiewicz, and others, and then the festival gets underway in earnest that evening.

I'll have complete festival coverage here beginning next week, and in the meantime, you can follow me on Twitter!

My top choices from the festival schedule can be found here.

In addition to extensive TCM Festival coverage, in the coming weeks I'll also have reviews of a great closing night at Noir City seeing M (1951) and THE HITCH-HIKER (1953); a look at a couple of interesting Los Angeles cemeteries which are the final resting places of many famed filmmakers; a Disney News roundup; reviews of books on Vivien Leigh, Anthony Mann, and John Wayne; and a preview of the July schedule at Turner Classic Movies.

As the saying goes, stay tuned!

2 Comments:

Blogger Robby Cress said...

Glad we could finally meet up! Looks like you are going to have a very busy couple of weeks ahead. Have fun at the festival!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I'm so glad too, Robby!! Hope to see you again soon.

Best wishes,
Laura

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older