Friday, May 27, 2016

Today at Disneyland: Memorial Day Weekend Begins

For the third year in a row my husband and I spent the Friday morning heading into Memorial Day weekend at Disneyland.

Unlike the previous four years, Disneyland did not host a 24-hour Memorial Day party, which many attribute to recent cutbacks due to Shanghai Disneyland cost overruns. (This has prompted a sarcastic #ThanksShanghai hashtag on Twitter when U.S. park cutbacks are noted.) It wasn't all bad, though, as unlike the last couple of years, we had zero lines at breakfast or for our first couple of rides today!

We took a trip on the recently rehabbed Jungle Cruise, which was looking great:






After walking on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad without a line, I took a second trip, which also allowed me to snap a photo of Star Wars Land construction from one of the highest points on the ride:


This summer there's a special popcorn bucket for Annual Passholders. It's $15 and refills are just $1 all summer long. The refill promotion ends September 5th.


I picked up the latest mug for my Disneyland Decades collection! This one commemorates park additions from 2005 to 2014, including Cars Land and the Carthay Circle Theater.


I also realized that somehow I had never seen the 1995-2004 mug, but fortunately I was able to pick one up on eBay today! I was relieved to know I'll have a complete set, especially as this design includes one of my favorite rides, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.


I love this reproduction of the LADY AND THE TRAMP album I had as a child. Although I still have several old Disney LPs, I no longer have this one, so I might have to pick it up on a future trip:


This summer's park maps:


The new musical FROZEN - LIVE AT THE HYPERION opened this week to strong reviews. I hope to see it soon!

Past Memorial Day Weekend Posts: Today at Disneyland: Rock Your Disney Side 24-Hour Party (2014), Today at Disney California Adventure: Rock Your Disney Side 24-Hour Party (2014), Today at Disneyland: Diamond Celebration 24-Hour Party (2015), and Today at Disney California Adventure: Grizzly Peak Airfield (2015).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older