Monday, October 17, 2016

Happy Birthday to Marsha Hunt and Julie Adams!

Happiest birthday wishes to two of my favorite ladies of classic cinema!

Marsha Hunt turns 99 today, October 17th...



...and Julie Adams turns 90.



I've been fortunate to hear each of these ladies speak at screenings on multiple occasions, and as I have recounted in the past, I had a small role in a play starring Adams when I was a teenager.

Just about a year ago I found myself sitting at a reception table with both ladies following Coleen Gray's memorial service. Although the circumstances were very sad, it was a great honor and privilege to spend more personal time with them and enjoy their reminisces.

For more on Marsha Hunt, please visit my 2012 tribute, which is updated annually with recent film review links.

A tribute to Julie Adams, which also has many links, was posted here last year.

October 17, 2017 Update: Happy Centennial Birthday, Marsha Hunt!

February 2019 Update: Farewell to Julie Adams.

2019 Update: Happy Birthday, Marsha Hunt!

September 2022 Update: Farewell to Marsha Hunt.

2 Comments:

Blogger A said...

Happy birthday to these lovely ladies.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks for adding your good wishes, Amanda!

Best wishes,
Laura

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older