Friday, January 05, 2018

Today at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure: Three Kings' Weekend

This weekend Disneyland and Disney California Adventure conclude the Christmas season with a celebration of Three Kings' Day, otherwise known as the Feast of the Epiphany, which falls on Saturday.

We went out to the parks this evening to soak up the last of the Christmas atmosphere...and the last of California Adventure's Paradise Pier, which closes this weekend to make way for Pixar Pier, opening this summer.


This will be the third incarnation of the pier since the park opened in 2001, and I'm a bit dubious about the upcoming changes, although the remodeling of California Screamin' into the Incredicoaster sounds neat. (I'm sad that the beautifully themed King Triton's Carousel is probably going away...rumor has it that it will become a Toy Story merry-go-round.) A last look at the California Screamin' signage...


...and I couldn't resist picking up a farewell T-shirt while I was at it.


We had fun experimenting with the new camera we got ourselves for Christmas! The camera will immediately send photos to my phone over wifi, which is pretty neat, enabling me to instantly share photos on Twitter.

Here's Cars Land:


Buena Vista Street:



And Hollywood Land:



Then we headed over to Disneyland for dinner and a bit more of the sights and sounds of the season, including Disneyland's classic Christmas Music Loop.


There's just nothing quite like Christmas at Disneyland!


And so farewell to Christmas 2017 at the Disneyland Resort! Happy New Year!

Previously: Today at Disneyland: Three Kings' Day (2013); Today at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure: Dia de Reyes (2014); Today at Disney California Adventure: Three Kings' Day (2017).

3 Comments:

Blogger DKoren said...

Oooh, look how pretty it is! I do love how beautifully lit it is at Christmastime. And what?? They're changing the paradise pier theme? Sigh... I suppose this park isn't going to be "California" Adventure much longer at this rate. All the California-y things are being swapped out! Well, will be looking for your report on it once it's done.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Very interesting that Disneyland is celebrating Epiphany. I'd bet most people don't even know what it is anymore.

My husband, my two daughters and I visited Disneyland back when the girls were little. It was Thanksgiving weekend, and they already had all the Christmas decorations up. It was very beautiful.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks, Deb! (At least you have real snow where you are now, right?!) I'm really kind of perplexed by this latest Paradise Pier change after all the work they went to with the lovely seaside pier theming not too long ago.

Barb, it was very nice to hear from you; hope you are doing well! Disneyland began incorporating Epiphany/Three Kings Day into their seasonal offerings when they introduced the Viva Navidad celebration at Disney California Adventure a few years ago. I'm glad to see the holiday recognized! (Although my live tree went out at New Year's, I'm just taking my two smaller artificial trees down this weekend, now that Epiphany has arrived!)

Best wishes,
Laura

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older